Small Business & Employment Attorney
My counsel of civil legal matters includes contracts, employment law, non-compete and confidentiality agreements, and real estate. I also represent clients in business-related litigation and personal injury matters, and have argued cases at the Minnesota Court of Appeal and the Minnesota Supreme Court. An accomplished legal writer, I often take the “laboring oar” in preparing and submitting written arguments to court.
I grew up in Willmar, MN and graduated from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I earned my law degree, cum laude at Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, where I was a member of the Hamline Law Review and the Silver Gavel Honor Society. In 2003, I was recognized as a “Rising Star” in the legal profession by Minnesota Law and Politics magazine.
I am active in my church, serving on church council and committees, and in community and school activities. I enjoy sports, music, reading, and history. I live in Willmar with my wife, where we raised our two children.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Real Estate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Kandiyohi County Bar Association (Past President)
- Twelfth District Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- College: Calvin College, B.A., 1987
- Law School: Hamline University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 1990
- Admitted to the Bar: 1990, Minnesota, U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota and U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Committed to focusing on you and the best possible results, as your trusted law firm.
Schedule an appointment. Call 320-235-2000 or contact us online today.